Well I went back to the doctor and I will start with the positive. The doctor was able to find the heartbeat right away... she said she saw a "lump" and asked if I had noticed that at all. I haven't and am still not sure what she meant... apparently she could see the baby from the outside. We have got to do some more watching my belly apparently!! Didn't know it was possible to see so soon. She went to where she saw the lump and sure enough baby was there. The heartbeat was much less this time. It was 156... last time it was 172. She said that was normal for this point in the pregnancy. She also asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins and I asked why and she said with taking the clomid she just wondered.
That being said... I did NOT like the doctor. She was very unhelpful and seemed to mock every question I asked. She had one of those grins that looked like she was calling me dumb! I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask her and she didn't once ask me if I had anything to ask. She really wanted to do the doppler and leave. But I started spitting out my questions and I had to be quick because she looked like she was about to walk out! I asked her about my back pain and she said that it was sciatica and that if it got bad I could be referred to a physical therapist. I told her it was already really bad so she agreed I could start going to a physical therapist. I asked her about the bleeding and she said that she had read that in my chart and that was not an issue since it was brown blood and left it at that. I asked her about the swelling I have had in my hands and she asked if I had eaten a lot of salt... REALLY? Duhhh I know eating a lot of salt can make you swell. She then said that it wasn't an issue in early pregnancy. She said that I could get the down syndrome test the next time I go so I needed to do research on that to decide if I wanted to do it (helloooo information... explain please!!) and that my ultrasound would be at 20 weeks and walked out. She MIGHT have stayed in there 5 minutes. It was soooo dissapointing! Then I went to make my next appointment and they asked if I cared who and I said no. Then they offered her and I said ugh... so they changed it to someone else. The lady laughed and said I can give you someone else just let me know. So I told her anyone but her. I was very dissapointed with my appointment but at least I know baby is still doing fine! :)
It's no fun when you have a Doc you don't like. I have 3 different docs I see at my OB office. The one, I do not care for at all. Everytime I would go to talk or ask a question, he would interrupt me or talk over me. So annoying! Glad everything is looking good though!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel so rushed every time I am at the doctor too unless she is discussing something she sees in my chart :/
ReplyDelete