Saturday, January 29, 2011

Telling the World!! This is going to be long!

Well a lot has changed since the last update. I haven't really felt like updating because I have a sinus infection that is making me feel like crud. Thursday after I updated I got my first day of morning sickness. I was eating breakfast and put a bite in my mouth and said wow, I'm full already no more after this bite. Then I swallowed that bite to immediately start gagging. Well, I felt better shortly after that and didn't get sick but then I started coughing because of the sinus drainage and the coughing led to gagging which led to throwing up for a long, LONG time. Thankfully it was a 2 hour delay that day! I decided to tell my team & my principal at school that day. Here is how I told the world on Thursday:

Telling my principal: I went in her office and told her I needed to tell her something before she heard from someone else. She said "Oh no, where are you going?" I told her I hoped to not go anywhere and hope to be there next year! I then told her I was pregnant & due in September. She is very happy for me and got up and gave me a big hug! I thought it was very sweet. She asked me how I'd been feeling and everything! :)

Telling my team: we happened to all be chatting in the hall during planning so I asked them to step in my room for a second. I then told them I had lied about where I went the day before that I didn't go to the dentist. One of them said I know... you went to the gyno! I said yes, and I'm pregnant! They were really excited although I can't say they were very shocked. One of them said she knew I wasn't going to the dentist because of the look on my face when I said that is where I was going. Another said she knew something was up because of how many times I have said that I am tired lately and how I never talked about being tired before.
All in all that went really well.

Telling my nieces: That night we ate at mom's and had my 2 neices over so we could tell them. I had decided I wanted to ask them about babysitting and mama saw a 2 pack of pacifiers so she bought them for me to give one to each of them. So I had them behind my back & told them I had something for them. Lindsay started freaking out and saying I was scaring her. haha! And Taylor looked around my back and said "She has pacifiers. Why does she have pacifiers? Is she telling us we are acting like babies???" I couldn't help but laugh. I said "No, I was wondering if you would be willing to babysit?" Lindsay screamed "YOUR PREGNANT?!?!" and Taylor just kept saying "She's lying... she's lying. Are you kidding?" Haha... when I finally had them where they believed me they were soooo excited and that they were really keeping those pacifiers to use when we had the baby! haha.

Telling the world aka facebook... We knew we had then told all the important people that we needed to personally tell so we decided to go ahead and tell the world (aka facebook). So I posted on facebook "*The Kirby family will grow by 2 feet in September 2011! <3* We have gotten tons of comments telling us congrats and they are so excited for us!

We are so excited and it feels great for everyone to know now. One of the teachers I work with brought me some belly bands & the one I ordered came in yesterday so I may be wearing some of those very soon so I can continue wearing my regular clothes that have gotten so tight already! All I want to do is EAT! I'm soo hungry all the time. I woke up at 4:40 this morning and was STARVING so I had to eat some crackers. Then when I got up at 7:30 (yes I would have liked to sleep later) I was STARVING again! I put on some bowled eggs & couldn't wait for that and had to eat something while waiting for that!I can't wait go to the doc & get my ultrasound on TUESDAY!!! WOOHOO!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. haha, you are so southern. "bowled eggs" love it!

    It sounds like you had a great time telling everyone in different ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I'm a southern girl and I'm proud of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete