Today is another snow day so in honor of having a day to bum around I have changed the look on my blog. I like it... what do you think?
My best friend kind of stepped on my toes today and really hurt my feelings. Today is her birthday and she is ttc as well. So I called her to tell her happy birthday and in talking she said she felt so old and that she was hoping that she was going to be pregnant by her birthday. I told her I totally understood where she was coming from because I had the exact feelings about my birthday. She is in the 2ww so she could be pregnant. I told her that at least she didn't start her period on her birthday like I did on my birthday. She got really snippy and said that she was a year older than me. Ok? Neither one of us that old as far as having a baby... 24 & 25. I really don't think age has anything to do with why we aren't pregnant right now. I felt like she was saying she should get pregnant before me because she was older. Dh said I'm being silly because she didn't actually SAY that. I told him well if she really wanted to get into it I could have gone into saying well I've been married 3 years longer than you! BUT I didn't because I know age, length of marriage, etc doesn't make someone want to have a baby more... I know we both desperately want to have a baby so why get into that crap when it doesn't mean a hill of beans? Ok, vent over... thanks for listening!
sounds like she is being oversensitive- it was good of you not to retort back. no need to get into a tiff with her.
ReplyDeleteIm proud of you for being the bigger person :)